Super Mario Brothers for Wii, “Checklists for the New Dad,” and Faces iMake, among Father’s Day 2010 GreatDad Recommends Award and Mr. Dad Seal of Approval Recipients
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) June 5, 2010 — Fun-loving fathers and families seeking ideas for Father’s Day activities this year are in for a real treat. Presented by Mr. Dad and GreatDad.com, the results of the Fathers Day 2010 GreatDad Recommends and Mr.Dad Seal of Approval awards are in. They include an exciting lineup of games, toys and resources that will involve dads and kids, and make spending time together even more exciting and memorable.
“The best way to celebrate Father’s Day is sharing quality time with your children and creating memories that will last a lifetime,” Armin Brott, founder of MrDad.com and author of eight bestselling books on fatherhood. “This year’s award winners and seal of approval recipients demonstrate a commitment to helping men become better fathers and making spending time with their kids a true bonding experience.”
First launched in 2006, the Mr. Dad Seal of Approval recognizes dad-approved toys, games and activities that are educational, fun and promote interaction between dads and kids. The seal is a trusted symbol among parents and some of the world’s most respected toy brands, including Lego, Haba USA and the Magic Schoolbus Series.
This year’s recipients of the Fathers Day 2010 GreatDad Recommends Awards and Mr. Dad Seal of Approval include:
Pregnancy and Infancy
- Checklists for the New Dad, by Joe Deyo
- Deluxe, stain-resistant, washable bib, from Bibagogo
- Pregnancy Art Kit, from ArtBellies
Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Collapsible Water Bucket, from HabaUSA
- Colorful collage iPhone app, from Faces iMake
- Mega Bubble, giant bubble creator, from the UK Science Museum
- Hologram Chamber, fascinating optical illusion from Wild Creations
- Remote-controlled Rattle Snake, from the UK Natural History Museum
- Buzzwire Bomb, exploding balloon game for the whole family
- Wallace & Gromit Water Rocket, from Wild Creations
- Splash Bat, water fun from Prime Time Toys
- PeeWee Kit, security software from PeeWeePC
Tweens and Teens
- Arimaa, a modern strategy game, from Arimaa
Family Wii game
- New Super Mario Brothers for Wii, from Nintendo
“We salute fathers everywhere who are committed to being consistently and creatively involved in their children’s lives,” said Paul Banas, founder of GreatDad.com. “We are committed to promoting involved parenting by fathers, and we love to showcase products that support more time spent between father and child.”
For more information about products that have received the Mr. Dad Seal of Approval and GreatDad Recommends Award, or to see program criteria and submit an applicaton, visit GreatDad.com/recommends. To submit a product or service for these awards, complete the online application by August 31, 2010 and send samples and marketing materials to the addresses listed on the site. A $149.95 evaluation fee per product is required.
Headquartered in Oakland, California, MrDad.com, along with founder, Armin Brott, has helped millions of men around the world become the fathers they want to be. The author of eight bestselling books on fatherhood, Armin also writes the nationally syndicated newspaper column, “Ask Mr. Dad,” and hosts the syndicated “Positive Parenting” radio show.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, GreatDad.com is a leading source of experience, recommendations, inspiration and advice for dads – delivered from the male perspective.