The latest batch of great articles for military families just went up. Here’s what you’ll find this month:
- Information on how to transfer military education benefits. If the servicemember can’t use them, it’s now possible to transfer them to the spouse, a child, several children, or any combination. But restrictions apply, and it’s important to know what they are.
- Creative ways military families can reduce their tax bills. There are a lot of programs that aren’t available to civilians. You’ll learn about the most important ones here, including a situation where you can actually end up paying less tax by declaring more income.
- Strategies to steer clear of the biggest financial pitfalls many military families fall into, from having to live on one income (because it’s so hard for spouses to find and keep work) and relocation expenses, to insanely expensive childcare and predatory lenders.
- Advice on how to weigh your options when you’re faced with a “should-I-reenlist-or-should-I-get-out?” decision. There are plenty of advantages and disadvantages to both civilian and military life. We’ll help you make the choice that’s best for you and your family.
- A guest post on the ins and outs of the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). What you don’t know could really hurt your chances of finding that perfect home.